Feeding your soul is essential if you want to live a fulfilled life. But, to do so consistently, you must be intentional.
The Monthly Feed Your Soul Checklists provide plenty of ideas. But unless you actively use them, they will remain just that - ideas on a page.
Let's fix that.
Review the current month's checklist and highlight what appeals to you.
Now take out your calendar, and let's start scheduling.
Schedule something simple to do every day
- get outside for a walk
- Read a book.
- Take a bath.
- Do something creative.
- Work in the garden.
Tip: If you have an appointment, check beforehand to see if there are any parks or trails in the area. Then schedule time before or after your appointment to visit the park for a walk.
Connect with people you care about.
- schedule a coffee
- telephone call with a friend.
- Date with your spouse. Etc.
- Take part in a Challenge.
- Do something special for yourself. Book a massage. Manicure. Hair Cut.
- Schedule something that takes some planning. Games night with friends. Dinner Party. An outing.
- Buy tickets to something.
Schedule something to look forward to.
- A weekend away.
- A special outing.
- A big-ticket concert or show.
Write everything down on your calendar. Review your calendar daily. Stay intentional.
That's the intentional part. But what about spontaneity?
Adding spontaneity into your life can bring a sense of excitement and adventure. It can help you break out of your routine and experience something new and exciting.
- When on your daily walk, explore a new area.
- Take a different route to work and explore a new neighbourhood.
- If you get an invitation out of the blue - say yes!
- Try a new restaurant or activity in your city.
- Invite friends out for a spontaneous night out.
- Impromptu coffee with a friend
- Schedule a trip to a town you've never been to.
- Take the day off and do something unexpected.
- Book a spontaneous weekend getaway to a new place.
- Take a short flight to a nearby city and explore.
No matter what you choose to do, try to make spontaneity a regular part of your life. You never know what exciting new experiences it can bring. And with that, a soul that is fed.
Click here to get a copy of the latest Feed Your Soul Checklist. It's chock full of ideas that will light you up.